Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fruita, Colorado Time lapse

As I'm going through all the pictures I've taken in the last year here in Colorado, I realized I've got my work cut out for me in terms of posting stuff until I'm completely caught up, so for now I'll start with something I've had for a while but just got around to posting.

Last spring break 3 friends and I packed our bikes and a week's worth of gear and food into the back of their '99 Suburban and set off with the end goal of Moab, Utah, also known as the holy ground of mountain biking in the United States. I'll have a full trip recap up hopefully later this week, but for now here is a time lapse I took on my GoPro our last night of camping, which we spent back in Fruita, Colorado, just outside of Grand Junction.

Unfortunately because of my lack of planning my GoPro ran out of battery way faster than I anticipated, but I still managed to grab a solid chunk of the evening on footage. Set up on a picnic table to snap a photo every 60 seconds, I even had the luck of catching a shooting star (check around :08). What this whole video really captures is what I absolutely love about camping, just you and your friends sitting around a camp fire having a good time. Camped out on the edge of a cliff with nobody within a 10 mile radius, we were just enjoying our last night of freedom before having to return back to society the next day.

Again, full Moab summary to come, this is just a little teaser for now

Until next adventure,
-jf

No comments:

Post a Comment